Saturday, March 16, 2013

"A Change in Culture"


Dear Dairy,

       My immediate family and I have taken three things on our unexpected journey to a new country where we will have to start a new life after the U.S.’s infrastructure has been complete destroyed by a surprise attack on Washington D.C.  The first thing we wanted to take was our family Bible, the next thing I wanted to take was a picture from my wedding with all my family in it, and finally I would have to take my family’s book of history.  I told authorities that I want my Bible because in the time of chaos and confusion it would bring me peace and comfort.  I would also use the family Bible to keep up with some history of the family because I believe it is important to know where I came from and the future generations came from.  I would want a picture of the people in my family from my family so I can remember a wonderful day with wonderful people.  Finally, the book on the family history written by my uncle would be very important because it has important information to provide the future generations.
            My feelings were crushed when they told me that I could only keep on personal item from.  I asked if I could place the picture of my family in the family Bible.  They told me I could, but I still had to give up the family history book and, I was crushed because there are stories and details that I need specifics on so I can tell future generations about our family history.  I have learned that one of the biggest insights that I have right now are it is so important to know where you come from so you can understand where you are going.  I think my faith will help me stay strong and grounded in the new country and knowing my family history will help keep the foundations of the old traditions.
·          
·         Until next time,
·         Kelly 

1 comment:

  1. I feel that pictures will keep memories alive and it would also be comforting to see your loved ones in happier times.Your faith is important, I believe it keeps you grounded and stable.

    ReplyDelete